What's life like in Barrington?
- Barrington is a wonderful family community. Our school system is one of the best, and offers K-middle school right in town. While our high schoolers generally attend Dover High School – named to the AP District Honor Roll for 2012 and boasting nearly 100% graduation rate with about 75% of graduates attending post-secondary school – there are other choices for high schools in the area as well. For more information, please contact the SAU74 school district.
- The Barrington Recreation Department offers many activities for children, adults and seniors – there's something for all ages! From fitness, to flu shots, fly fishing and flag football, Barrington Rec has it. There'a even an annual trip to Yankee Stadium to support our beloved Red Sox! Find the calendar of events here.
- The Barrington Public Library is a great place for families and individuals alike. It's a free resource where people go for a quiet nook to read, or to find the right research materials – and here in Barrington, our library offers even more. It's where the community connects for craft classes and a knitting room, to meet various authors or for toddlers to enjoy story time. There are free computers and unlimited wireless (wifi) access, and for a small fee you can print from the computers in black and white or color, make copies and send or receive faxes. They even offer Notary Public services free of charge. You can find a calendar of events for Barrington Public Library here.
- Barrington is also home to Mendums Pond UNH Outdoor Recreation Area. Just up the road from Pepperidge Woods, we are afforded the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the park as well as hiking and water activities, just minutes from home.
- We also have a hometown tradition in Calef's Country Store which offers unique gifts and specialty foods – and don't forget the summer farmers market and Warren Farm – two great resources for organic foods, cut-your-own Christmas trees and more!
- In Barrington there's something for everyone, and all just minutes from Pepperidge Woods Cooperative.